Rundll32.exe is a process that executes DLL’s and their libraries are placed into the memory so that they can be used more efficiently.
This program should not and must not be terminated as this program is important for the secure and stable running of your system.
First of all, check that if Rundll32 is situated in the System32 folder or not. If yes, Best Predictive Dialer then it is a legitimate Microsoft process, if not, then it must be a virus.
So we are here to discuss Windows host process Rundll32. I will explain you about the whole process. If you can trust me, come along with me.
Let’s watch the whole show..!
Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working
If really you are seeing this box, then you have to try these troubleshooting steps.
– First of all, be sure that your window should be fully updated.
– You are facing an error when you are trying to open the folders that contain video files, to eradicate this, turn off the thumbnails view and check if it works:
Open the control panel→ Folder Option→ Always show icons, Never the thumbnails.
– Try to memorize, that when did this error is popping up.
– Is that appearing after installing a particular program? Is that after installing, say, Nero? If it is so, then try this;
Open System→ System drive→ program files→ Common files→ Ahead→ Dsfilter.Rename “NeroVideoPro.ax” to say “1NeroVideoProc.ax”. Also rename “NeVideo.ax” to say “1NeVideo.ax”
- May or may not be you can update or uninstall the Nero Software and notice if it helps.
- The K-Lite codec and the Intel ViiV software are primarily known to cause this issue, if you have to install any among these, then you should update or install the software. It is because these are the culprits for your system.
- Now, you have to follow these steps to find out the main culprit.
- To open the System Configuration Utility Window, you have to run the msconfig.
- Choose the services and check it out in the ” Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
- Click on the “Disable All” tab.
- Now, you have to click on the “Startup” tab and choose the “Disable all” button again. Hit “OK” tab and then restart button on the following window.
- You have turned off all non-Microsoft services and the start-ups.
Wait! We are not through yet, need to work more on the windows host process rundll32.
- If you issue is resolved, then you have to open the System Configuration Window again, now, from the services tab, enable all the services.
- Now, restart the system again and check the issue in the same manner that I have explained above.
- Turn Off the Data Execution Prevention and notice if it works?
- This is a security feature, that helps to protect or shelter your system.
- Run the Microsoft Windows File and Folder Troubleshooter and notice, if it works.
Now, we are done with windows host process rundll32.
This is how we do. This is the way to enable and disable services. I know, this process is bit lengthy and boring too. You might have got tired. But we need to do it this way only.
In this article, I have explained you about the windows host process Rundll32. Those who are new to this term now have understood what it is actually?
Plus along with that, I have given you the solution for your big problem, that is your windows host process Rundll32 has stopped working.
I have tried to explain you well about the windows host process Rundll32 problem. I know the methods are quite lengthy, but one has to follow these, if want proper solution for this.
This is how you do. I hope that this sharing of mine has helped you to solve your long time issue, tell me if you need any assistance further regarding this, I am there to help you out.
If you want to add something to my knowledge, I would love to welcome.